This is a 2D realtime strategy simulation with an emphasis on economy and city building. Expand your small settlement to a strong and wealthy colony, collect taxes and supply your inhabitants with valuable goods. Increase your power with a well balanced economy and with strategic trade and diplomacy. It follows the successfully Anno (known as “A. D.” in the USA, Canada and Australia) series by Sunflowers/Ubisoft.
In this game, the player guides a group of people settling in a newly discovered archipelago of islands. The player must provide miscellaneous goods and public services for the settlers’ welfare. When supplied adequately, the population will grow and the settlers will rise to higher social classes. On the one hand they have more needs then, but on the other hand this process also unlocks more buildings.
To help with this goal, the player can also trade with competing settlements, or wage war for more expansion space.
- Build a blooming metropolis from scratch with residential areas, industrial estates, service trade and lots of sights
- Organize your resources to feed, extend and defend your growing city
- Deal with other players to schedule conditions of trade agreements and non-aggression pacts
- Exchange stock with other players, free traders and local settlements to ensure your stores keeping reserves for the bad times
- Painfully trouble your enemies with strategic pinpricks and take advantage of all their little mistakes to solidify your position
- Find new islands, trade routes and resource deposits to raise your city’s wealth and extend your reach
|Unknown Horizons is based on the FIFE engine and features isometric 2D graphics.
Developer: The Unknown Horizons Developers
License: The code is available under the GPL v2 and content is mostly licenced as CC-BY-SA.
Written in: Python