Rudder – Continuous Configuration for Effective Compliance
Rudder is an open source audit and configuration management utility to help automate system configuration across large IT infrastructures. Rudder relies on a lightweight local agent installed on each managed machine (derived from CFEngine 3).
- Host inventory
- Feature-complete Web interface
- Standardized, reusable policies
- Custom Policy editor
- Central reporting and historic information for policy applied to hosts
- Grouping based on search queries run against inventory
- Automatic updating of such groups (dynamic groups)
- Dynamic generation of per-host policies (lessens risk of data leaks from shared policy)
- Change Request / Validation
- REST API
- Git backend
|Prerequisites for Rudder server: a physical or virtual machine with at least 1.5 GB of RAM. 2 GB is recommended.
License: GNU GPL v3 and Apache License 2.0
Written in: C, Scala