Armagetron Advanced is a multiplayer game in 3D that attempts to emulate and expand on the lightcycle sequence from the Disney movie from 1982 called “Tron”. If you ever wanted to take a try at one of those speed demons features in the movie, this is your chance.
The rules are simple: you ride a light cycle (a kind of motorbike that can only turn 90 degrees at a time, leaves a wall behind and cannot be stopped) and have to avoid running into walls while at the same time you have to try to get your opponent to run into them.
Armagetron Advanced can be played against AI opponents, against other humans over the network, or a mixture of both.
Armagetron Advanced works on the unique concept that a cycle can only accelerate by riding on another player’s wall. The closer you are to a player’s wall, the faster your cycle will accelerate. Brakes are provided, but they are disabled on many servers. Your cycle turns in right angles, typically, and leaves a long wall behind it wherever it goes. With this in mind, let’s talk about movement.
- Grid Games
- Game Variations
- Death Match: Last man standing.
- Team Death Match: Cooperate with teammates.
- Fortress: Capture the enemy base. This game can be played with teams or death match style.
- Sumo: The object is to stay in a zone while trying to force the opponent out.
- Race: Race to the win zone at the end of the map.
- Maze: Find a path to the win zone.
- Pig Sty:
- Shooting: A team death match where the object is to try to shoot the other team’s players with death zones.
- Ball: A team match where the object is to score a goal by pushing the ball zone into the goal zone.
- Capture the Flag: Capture the opponents’ flag And respawn players once they have died.
- Capture The Flag Shooting: Capture the opponents’ flag while shooting and respawn player once they have died
- Chat Features
- Support for moviepacks, downloadable packages that completely change the look of the game
|Armagetron Advanced is the continuation of Manual Moos', alias, z-man's original game, Armagetron.
Developer: Manuel Moos, Guru3, Dave Fancella
License: GNU GPL v2
Written in: C++