QB64 is a modern extended BASIC programming language that retains QBasic/QuickBASIC 4.5 compatibility and compiles native binaries for Windows, Linux and macOS.
The goal is to be 100% compatible with QuickBasic 4.5 plus add hundreds of new abilities such as program icons and custom sized windows and a great Editor with a new Help Menu.
The new keywords add some new features such as playing music or sound files and instant access to 32 bit graphics file images. Also TCP/IP internet communication is available to download files, email messages over the web or play internet games. DLL Libraries can add more programming options and QB64 can access all of the new USB gaming controllers and printers.
- Full graphic functions for images up to 32 bit color. Alpha transparency supported.
- Instant loading of image files including BMP, PNG, JPEG, GIF and more…
- Supports stereo sound files like WAV, OGG, MP3, speaker and volume control and more…
- Animation is easy to do using _DISPLAY instead of page flipping.
- Clipboard reading and writing support.
- Networking over TCP/IP Message Format and Email
- True type font and Unicode support for many Languages.
- Integrated mouse and game controller input including scroll wheel support.
- Support for C++, OpenGL, Windows API and other custom Dynamic Link Libraries.