Rigs of Rods
Rigs of Rods
This is an open source truck, car, airplane and boat simulator. You can drive, fly or sail in total freedom in an open environment.
Rigs of Rods is primarily a truck simulator, but it can also simulate cars, cranes, airplanes, boats, bridges, and any arbitrary construction.
This is a simulation game based on a custom advanced soft body physics engine called Beam. Beam simulates a network of interconnected nodes (forming the chassis and the wheels) and gives the ability to simulate deformable objects. Vehicles chassis and wheels are simulated in real-time as flexible objects, giving the simulation an extremely accurate behavior, while allowing the vehicles to be simply specified structurally. Gameplay is emergent and takes place in a virtual 9km2 sandbox environment. The chassis and wheels deform according to the stress they bear, and crashes are interesting to see too.
- Multiplayer support allows over 64 users to simultaneously interact on a playing field
- Highly moddable
- Unique soft-body physics
- Vehicles chassis and wheels are simulated in real-time as flexible objects
- Advanced flight model based on blade element theory, allowing the accurate simulation of any airplane, base on their physical dimensions and wing airfoils
- Accurate buoyancy model based on elemental pressure gradients, enabling boats with complex hulls to move realistically in the swell
- Basic support for dual-core processing
- Basic support for scripting using AngelScript
|There is no up to date build of the latest version available for OS X.
The game is built using a specific soft-body physics engine called Beam, which simulates a network of interconnected nodes (forming the chassis and the wheels) and gives the ability to simulate deformable objects.
Developer: Rigs of Rods Contributors
License: GNU GPL v3
Written in: C++, AngelScript