This is a transportation simulation game.
The main goal of Simutrans is to provide an efficient transport system for passengers and goods to be transported to their desired destination fast and with minimal transfers, at the same time making the company grow and avoid bankruptcy.
In Simutrans you can build the transport networks you always dreamed of, with platforms, quays, level crossings, signals and much more. Transport passengers between nearby cities with a commuter train or use a high speed train to earn big money by connecting cities further apart. You can choose from a large amount of trains including steam, diesel and electric engines, along with multiple units – each with a different properties. Fleet of ships and ferries, buses, trams, trolley buses, trucks, and planes are at your daily disposal. More exotic ways of transport include monorails and maglevs.
You choose the goals you want to achieve:
- Make as much virtual money as possible
- Build a great transportation network, and watch it as it operates by itself (actually, you will always find something that can be improved)
- Connect all cities, industries, tourist attractions in the game, directly or by creating transport hubs
- make every building and point of interest accessible by public transport, such as buses, trains, trams, monorail, maglev, airplanes and even ships (ferries etc.)
- connect complete industry chains
- Most importantly, enjoy yourself while playing Simutrans
- Choose many transport options: trains, airplanes, buses, trucks, ships, trams, monorails, and maglevs
- Over 40 types of industries can appear on the map, and 35 types of goods can be transported
- Each passenger (and unit of goods) is intelligent, knows where it needs to go, and can transfer from one vehicle to another to reach its destination
- You can build very sophisticated stations and airports, and configure them just as you need from various structures
- Terrain modification possibilities are almost limitless, do what you need or can afford
- 6 AI players
- Choose from wide variety of graphics sets
|Beos is also supported.
There is a popular branch of the code called Simutrans-Extended, which aims to extend the basic game.
Developer: Markus Pristovsek, Simutrans Development Team
License: Artistic License
Written in: C++