Warzone 2100 – Real-time Strategy and Real-time Tactics Hybrid Game
Warzone 2100 is a 3D real-time strategy set on a future Earth.
Upon entering the game you land from your transport and establish your base. Here you conduct research, design and manufacture vehicles, build new structures and prepare your plans of global conquest. If the game goes badly you’ll end up fighting last ditch battles here to defend your base from enemy attacks.
Combat is frenetic, with extensive graphical effects and buildings giving rise to flying shrapnel and boulders. Within the game are many different structures and vehicles. From an initial Command Center, you then go on to build Resource Extractors to provide fuel for Power Generators, which in turn supply energy to Factories, Research Facilities and weapons emplacements to protect your base.
- 400+ technologies to research
- 2,000+ different units to design
- 3 large campaign maps to conquer
- 24 fast play mission maps for extra action
- Intelligence display sets objectives dynamically
- Interactive message system
- Fast play Interface graphically based
- Quick screen navigation
- Fast find system for units & structures
- Set factories to constant production
- Automatically send each factory’s units to where you want them
Warzone 2100 was originally commercially developed by Pumpkin Studios and published by Eidos-Interactive. In 2004, Eidos decided to release the code under a freely distributable license (GPL), which enabled the Warzone 2100 Resurrection Project to continue development on the game.
|There are 100% portable Windows builds - take the game and install it anywhere!
Developer: Rodolphe Suescun, Per I. Mathisen, Dennis Schridde, Roman and many others
License: GNU GPL v2