Cube 2: Sauerbraten is a free multiplayer & single player first person shooter, the successor of the Cube FPS. Much like the original Cube, the aim of this game is fun, old school deathmatch gameplay and also to allow map/geometry editing to be done cooperatively in-game.
Game features include:
- Oldskool fast & intense gameplay (read: similar to Doom 2 / Quake 1)
- Many multiplayer gameplay modes, most in teamplay variants as well: deathmatch, instagib, efficiency, tactics, capture (domination/battlefield style), coop edit
- Master server & ingame server browser
- Lag-free gameplay experience
- Two single player modes: DMSP (fight a monster invasion on any DM map), classic SP (progression driven SP like other games)
- 7 weapons tuned for maximum satisfaction: double barrelled shogun, rocket launcher, machine gun, rifle, grenade launcher, pistol, fist
|Cube 2: Sauerbraten started as a redesign of the original Cube game engine. The game is also available for FreeBSD.
Developer: Wouter van Oortmerssen, Lee Salzman, Mike Dysart, Robert Pointon, Quinton Reeves
License: zlib License (engine), media is released under various non-free licenses
Written in: C++