Red Eclipse is a single-player and multi-player first-person ego-shooter, built as a total conversion of Cube Engine 2, which lends itself toward a balanced gameplay, completely at the control of map makers, while maintaining a general theme of agility in a variety of environments.
In a true open source by the people for the people nature, it tries to work closely with the gaming and open source communities to provide a better overall experience, taking all sorts of feedback from your average player, to your seasoned developer, aiming to create a story-driven game environment that is flexible, fun, easy to use, and pleasing to the eye.
- Agile gameplay: sprint, wall run/kick, and impulse dash
- Balanced gameplay, completely at the control of map makers, while maintaining a general theme of agility in a variety of environments
- Game modes: Campaign, Cooperative, Objective, Capture the Flag, Elimination and Deathmatch
- Built-in edtior for creating your own maps
- Mutators which modify the gameplay including:
|Red Eclipse is built on Cube Engine 2 using SDL and OpenGL which allows it to be ported to many platforms including FreeBSD and OpenBSD.
Developer: Quinton Reeves, Lee Salzman
License: Red Eclipse itself and the Cube Engine 2 are under the zlib License, the media is licensed under the Creative Commons CC-BY-SA license