This is an open source real-time strategy-like game. It has been in development for many years and is often updated.
Evolution RTS revolves around fast thinking and micro-management as well as macro-management gameplay.
Evolution RTS is similar to popular titles such as Total Annihilation, Command and Conquer, StarCraft II, Supreme Commander, etc. It is designed to be friendly to newcomers, but is still a work in progress.
- Superb effects and visuals – full particle effects engine and beautiful effects
- Full in-game soundtrack; 40+ tracks
- “Fun based” solid gameplay
- Realistic Physics – Projectiles and units use a realistic physics system which allow for unprecedented control and gameplay. Micro your units to avoid projectiles. Hide behind terrain for cover
- Epic and Macro scales – control the battlefield and a level that feels the most comfortable to you, whether zoomed in controlling individual units, zoomed out viewing the entire map and issuing orders on a macro scale, or somewhere in between
- Fine tuning controls for builders – set builders on repeat so that they repeat the orders you give infinitely until they die. Adjust builder priority in order to control the amount of resources allocated to that specific builder’s construction project
- Unique Cover System allows you to easily set up ambushes – Set builders on repeat so that they repeat the orders you give infinitely until they die. Adjust builder priority in order to control the amount of resources allocated to that specific builder’s construction project
- Normal: Units and structures are built very quickly and gameplay is very fast and hectic
- Easy battle formations
- Classic RTS Mode: Unit time to build is set to be the same as it’s cost, which results in gameplay reminiscent of Total Annihilation or Supreme Commander
- 5 different tech trees
- Powerful tools available for mappers, with a huge repository of map features (trees, buildings, wrecks, etc) that can be placed on a map
- Random mutations
- Gameplay geared towards casual gamers in addition to hardcore rts fans, as opposed to only being fun to play at the higher levels
- Simple Economy system
- The Spring Engine allows for hundreds or thousands of units to be beating the daylights out of each other all at once.
- Easy to learn teching system
- Intelligent Unit Targeting AI – easy to use battle formations via selecting a group of units, right-clicking and dragging on the map make it easy for you to give complex orders to your units, even in the midst of a battle
- Give orders via the mini-map
- Place map markers with or without labels, and draw directly on the map
- Unit balance dependent on unit mixture instead of one unit owning an entire army all by itself
- Intelligent builder AI
- Completely customizeable GUI
- Automatic ladder ranking and replay system
|This game is designed using the Spring Engine. It's a continually evolving and developing game.
Developer: Evolution RTS Development Team
License: Open Source