Glest is a free 3D real-time strategy game, where you control the armies of two different factions: Tech, which is mainly composed of warriors and mechanical devices, and Magic, that prefers mages and summoned creatures in the battlefield. Glest takes place in a context which could be compared to that of the pre-renaissance Europe, with the licence that magic forces exist in the environment and can be controlled.
MegaGlest adds a lot of enhancements to Glest. This project aims to improve both on the game and its content. It already has a lot more content than the original game and contains numerous bugfixes and improvements.
- Proper master-server with an internet games lobby to display internet game hosts
- Provides all the factions from the Megapack
- Easy modding – customise the game by editing simple XML files
- Customizable hotkey support
- 2D map editor
- Multi-building select and key-binding for production of units. Buildings of the same type can be added to a control group, which means multiple units can be produced with a single click.
|While the game is officially supported on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X, community contributed builds exist for several other platforms, too. Requirements: 6th generation x86 CPU, 1.5GB RAM, 256 MB video memory (either dedicated or shared), Audio chip supporting OpenAL
Developer: Titus Tscharntke, Mark Vejvoda
License: GNU GPL