Scorched3D – Simple Turn-Based Artillery Fun
Scorched3D is a game based heavily on the classic DOS game Scorched Earth “The Mother Of All Games”. Scorched 3D adds among other new features a 3D island environment and LAN and internet play.
Scorched3D is a turn-based artillery strategy game that places you in a 3D environment and gives you a mountain of weapons. Your objective? Kill the other players and non player characters who are equally armed and armoured. Full camera movement, zoom, and rotation let you scope out the enemy and catch all the action.
- 3D graphics and 3D sound
- Play with up to twenty-four other players at a time
- Online multiplayer mode as well as playing over a LAN
- Highly moddable allowing you to create custom battle fields and cities just so you can blow them up
- Realistically rendered 3D landscape environments
- Realtime or turn based artillery combat
- Online or offline, single or multi-player play
- Tournament and stats championships
|Scorched3D comes bundled with Apocalypse mod, which offers enhanced levels of weaponry.
Developer: Gavin Camp, Cameron Smith, Paul Vint, David Beleznay, Joris Beugnies, Robert Hand
License: GNU GPL v2