LordsAWar! is a 2D turn-based strategy game set in a fantasy setting where up to 8 players strive for control of as many cities as possible.
The objective of the game is to conquer all of the cities on the map. This is accomplished by producing army units in cities and making ever more powerful stacks to conquer neighbouring cities. Strategy is employed to know which city, or player to target next, on the way to total victory.
Produce new armies in cities to conquer nearby cities. Using the income from those cities, make more armies to take more cities. Send a hero to a temple to get a quest, or maybe search a nearby ruin instead. You can also send a hero to a temple to get a quest or maybe search a nearby ruin instead.
- Refined artificial intelligence
- 3 distinct roles
- Acts as a General who controls all of military strategy elements of the game; moving armies around the map, conquering cities and managing the production of new army units
- Acts as a diplomatic envoy, managing diplomatic relations with every other player
- Acts as a tax collector, automatically collecting gold pieces from each city that has been conquered. This pays for the maintenance of army units already created. The income can also be used to buy new and different kinds of army units
- Multi-player play
- Network play – allows players to enjoy a game of LordsAWar! over the internet
|The goal of this project is to make a game that is similar to Warlords II and is playable on Linux, Windows, and Macintosh.
Developer: LordsAWar! Development Team
License: GNU GPL v3