Stellar Forces is a 3D squad-level, turn based multi-player strategy game. Command your squad and defeat the enemy. Each player controls a squad of units, and using action points, they must complete their objective. The project also incorporates a web front-end to administer the games.
The game uses Laser Squad/X-Com style mechanics plus a dedicated game lobby to connect the players.
There are multiple missions available, as well as various different kinds of weapons and equipment.
This game is played in a relaxed way, like a Play by Email Game. Once you have taken your turn, your opponent is notified by email that it is now their turn. However, they may not take it straight away. Typically, expect to take a turn and then wait about a day to take your next turn (of which you will be notified by email).
- This game is turn-based, so you take turns with your opponent
- Play against up to 4 players
- Over 100 missions to tackle – start with basic assassination where you must kill an important VIP that is being protected, and sabotage where you must destroy installations. There are missions for 2, 3 or 4 players. Some missions involve escorting a VIP across a sniper infested town, or being the first to collect the flag which in some missions may be located in the centre of an alien prison
- Play many concurrent games
- Take your turns in your own time
- Watch a full playback of all your missions afterwards
- In-Game chat, messaging and forums
- Weapons & equipment include guns, grenades, medi-kits, close combat weapons, ammo clip, PP trigger, PP lander, Death Grenade, Adrenalin Shot. A selection of the available guns:
- Rocket Launcher
- Sniper Rifle
- Marsec Autogun
- M4000 Autogun
- SP30 Pistol
- Marsec Pistol
- L50 Las-Gun
- Versatile map editor
|Stellar Forces has been in development since 2009. The game is also available for Android. The source code is available from Bitbucket
Developer: Stephen Carlyle-Smith
Written in: Java