OpenClonk is a free multiplayer action skill game where you control clonks, small but witty and nimble humanoid beings. The game is mainly about mining, settling and fast-paced melees.
It is often referred to as a mixture of The Settlers and Worms. The game encourages free play but the normal goal is to build a mine and exploit the earth from valuable resources.
- Multiplayer over the internet
- Many weapons and tools to chose from. Recently added objects include fire arrow, explosive arrow, and torch
- 3D rendering
- Revamped HUD (heads-up display)
- Tutorials to guide new players
- Create your own scenarios, objects and campaigns
- C4DT, Clink Development Tools for Eclipse functions as an editor for OpenClonk
- Mape is a tool for editing dynamic landscapes. It shows a live preview of the generated landscape and reports syntax errors
Clonk has been a German shareware game. Note, OpenClonk is a separate game to the previous Clonk series, it is not just a sequel in the fashion of previous Clonk development. There is an OpenClonk Soundtrack player that you can listen to the soundtrack while not playing the game.
|OpenClonk is not only a game but also a versatile 2D game engine that allows the creation of mods. Clonk is very extensible. The content is scripted in C4Script, Clonk's own powerful scripting language. OpenClonk is included with most Linux distributions. The game requires OpenGL 3.2.
Developer: The OpenClonk Project
License: ISC License for the code and Creative Commons Public License for the media. David Oerther composed a soundtrack exclusively for OpenClonk. For licensing reasons, it is not included in the main package.
Written in: C++
Back to Action Games