TinkerOS_Debian V1.8 (Beta version) Released
There’s a new release of TinkerOS available to download on Asus’s website. TinkerOS is a Linux distribution for the Asus Tinker Board based on Debian. Not heard of the Asus Tinker Board? Read our two page review.
According to the changelog, the beta release adds the following:
- Enable the kernel config of rockchip wdt for watchdog
- Remove ntfs-config
- Preload build-essential and lxlock
- Adding a desktop shortcut for 4K player
- Modify ethernet LED behavior
- Change to read ethernet MAC in kernel
- Fix the issue that EGL mode icon will appear when full screen playback is finished
- Enable NFS_V4_1, NFS_V4_2 and IP_NF_NAT for the kernel
It’s good to report that a number of annoying bugs have been fixed. One example is a fix for the ‘Chromium’ bug – installing packages now no longer uninstalls Chromium.
I’ve compiled a package list showing all the packages that come supplied with TinkerOS Version 1.8. There’s also a package list after running an update.
You can download TinkerOS 1.8 (beta) from Asus’s website.
Click to rate this software
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
[…] Asus has subsequently released V1.8 (Beta). Read our announcement. […]
I saw release log is different with Tinker official site, maybe have been change & update new release log?
Looks the same to me (bar a few corrected typographical errors on Asus’s part)
Hi, Thank you for your articles on the tinker board. Could you tell us what the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list are? Is this a specific deposit asus? Thank you
can i also use tinker os on my raspbarry???
any body know how to install Remmina RDP client for this release?