RStudio is an integrated development environment (IDE) for R. RStudio combines an intuitive user interface with powerful coding tools to help you get the most out of R. It includes a console, syntax-highlighting editor that supports direct code execution, as well as tools for plotting, history, and workspace management.
RStudio includes a wide range of productivity enhancing features and runs on all major platforms. RStudio can optionally also be run as server which enables you to provide a browser based interface to a version of R running on a remote system.
- Customizable workbench with all of the tools required to work with R in one place (console, source, plots, workspace, help, history, etc)
- Syntax highlighting editor with code completion
- Execute code directly from the source editor (line, selection, or file)
- Full support for authoring Sweave and TeX documents
- Searchable history
- Retrieve previous commands
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Easy installation of new packages
- Runs on all major platforms and can also be run as a server, enabling multiple users to access the RStudio IDE using a web browser
- Integrated help functionality
|RStudio is available in two editions: RStudio Desktop, where the program is run locally as a regular desktop application; and RStudio Server, which allows accessing RStudio using a web browser while it is running on a remote Linux server.
Developer: RStudio, Inc.
License: Affero General Public License v3
Back to Notebooks for Data Science