5 Best Open Source Multi-Platform Data Science Notebook Software
RStudio is an integrated development environment (IDE) for R. RStudio combines an intuitive user interface with powerful coding tools to help you get the most out of R. It includes a console, syntax-highlighting editor that supports direct code execution, as well as tools for plotting, history, and workspace management.
RStudio includes a wide range of productivity enhancing features and runs on all major platforms. RStudio can optionally also be run as server which enables you to provide a browser based interface to a version of R running on a remote system.
- Customizable workbench with all of the tools required to work with R in one place (console, source, plots, workspace, help, history, etc)
- Syntax highlighting editor with code completion
- Execute code directly from the source editor (line, selection, or file)
- Full support for authoring Sweave and TeX documents
- Searchable history
- Retrieve previous commands
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Easy installation of new packages
- Runs on all major platforms and can also be run as a server, enabling multiple users to access the RStudio IDE using a web browser
- Integrated help functionality
|RStudio is available in two editions: RStudio Desktop, where the program is run locally as a regular desktop application; and RStudio Server, which allows accessing RStudio using a web browser while it is running on a remote Linux server.
Developer: RStudio, Inc.
License: Affero General Public License v3
Back to Notebooks for Data Science
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE PROFILES
Click to rate this software
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
Leave a Reply