5 Best Open Source Multi-Platform Data Science Notebook Software
Beaker is a code notebook that allows you to analyze, visualize, and document data using multiple programming languages. Beaker’s plugin-based polyglot architecture enables you to seamlessly switch between languages in your documents and add support for your favorite languages that we’ve missed.
Beaker is based on the idea of the lab notebook, brought to life in your web browser. Each Beaker notebook is a place for recording the written ideas, data, images, spreadsheets, diagrams, equations, and especially code, that one produces in the course of research. With Beaker notebooks you can analyze, visualize, and document data and science, using multiple programming languages.
- Plug-in based architecture which enables other languages to be added
- Rich charting API for Groovy, which can also be leveraged by other languages through a simple JSON interface
- Inclusion of markup languages like HTML, Markdown, and LaTeX means that you can document your work right alongside your code
- Supports autotranslation of variables between languages – declare specific variables in a cell in one language, then access these seamlessly in a different cell and language
- Notebook viewer that can render any notebook accessible from the web
- Organize a notebook into hierarchical sections, each of which can be viewed, hidden, shared, or evaluated individually or as a whole
Beaker is built on many open source projects including Angular, Bootstrap, CometD, Gradle, Guice, IPython, Jackson, Jetty, Nginx, Rserve, and others.
|Beaker runs on Mac, Linux, and Windows (64-bit). Browser support consists of Chrome, Firefox and Safari. There's a portable version for Windows.
Developer: Two Sigma Open Source, LLC
License: Apache 2.0
Back to Notebooks for Data Science
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE PROFILES
Leave a Reply